Friday, April 16, 2010

My Baby Girl


This is my newest addition, Haley Jennifer Megan. She was born January 19, 2010. She was a whopping 9 pounds! Which is amazing, seeing all she went through to be born. I had surgery while I was pregnant with her! You can tell she's going to be a strong woman.
I love this little girl. She looks JUST like me!! Khodi was the little blond hair, blue eyed boy who looks just like his daddy. But this lil girl has dark brown eyes, dark hair and a beautifully tan complexion...just like her mommy :) I couldn't be happier. We now have the perfect family!
She's an amazing little girl. When she was first born I was just so exhausted from all the stress that I barely wanted to see her. I was going through a teeny bit of post-partum depression for the first few days but after awhile it went away and she warmed up to me. Now I just can't get enough of her!!
I can't get over just how different she is from Khodi. People always told me that two babies can be completely different from one another and I never believed them. But she is the absolute opposite. First of all, Khodi was super calm as a baby. Never really cried, always very happy. Haley? Noooooo. She is a SCREAMER!!! For the tiniest little things this girl will cry all day, all night. She cries when she's hungry, when she needs a diaper change, when she's too hot, when she's too cold, when she wants attention, when she's uncomfortable and just when she feels she hasn't cried in awhile and wants to get a good temper tantrum in. Needless to say, Khodi spoiled me. I say to people that if I had Haley first, there probably wouldn't have been a second. Khodi made me think babies were easy haha.
But that's okay, I love her so much!! When she's not crying she's smiling and laughing and making my life amazing!! Her little smile is the prettiest, most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life!!! It makes all the crying worth it. Maybe that's WHY she cries so much. No one can be perfect. If she was beautiful, had a perfect smile/laugh and didn't cry...she'd be too perfect. I can handle her crying all day very easily. Every once in awhile I need a little bit of a break (like right now, Justin's feeding her while I blog) but for the most part I don't need to be away from her. She's my angel!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! She 's just a doll...girls are such a joy, major attitude, but amazing at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete