Thursday, September 3, 2009

More to us now

I'm awake and singing songs that remind me of you
The sad songs of a world ago
The ones I knew would take me back
Before it was even over
What we had is forever immortalized in me
Through a few, magical songs
No poems written by a lovesick heart
Can ever do us justice
Or say just the right words
But the songs will always be there
The songs, and nothing else

What keeps you up at night
Thinking of me?


I wrote this last night because Khodi kept me up. He went down pretty early but he woke up again at 3:00 and didn't go back to sleep until 6:00! I was fine with it, though, because he was so super cute :)

Anyway a friend of mine wrote this http://handshedown.blogspot.com piece and it reminded me so much of an old boyfriend of mine. When we broke up I had a few songs that I would listen to over and over thinking of him. No matter how many years go by, I will always think of him when I hear these few songs. But that's it. I won't remember him for much else. We didn't really share too many memories. I wrote poems for him but I barely read them and they're kind of surfacy at best. I have nothing to remember him by and that's fine by me. It's his loss, really.

That's why I love being with Justin. I never wrote any poetry for him but we have SO much more to our relationship. We have our entire lives together. We have our children, we have memories...I've changed so much because of him. And that's just wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment