Saturday, August 8, 2009

Well you do have to start somewhere, don't you??

I used to write on the internet all the time. I used to love the idea that I could come onto a site and post whatever nonsense popped into my head and just let whoever wherever whenever read it. I would come on to many many different sites and just type for hours! I miss the therapy that comes from it all.

What's changed? Many many things actually. I went to college, met the man of my life and was engaged three months later. Three months after that we were living together (my parents kicked me out). One month after that I got pregnant *this is a cause for immense joy. One month later we had our first apartment together. Four months later (and one year after we met) we were married to go on to have our first child Khodi two months after. I am a busy woman.

After we had our first child we moved to a different apartment in Indiana. It seemed like a blessing at first. Now it's a curse. It's too expensive and, frankly, I hate Indiana. It's boring and too quiet for my taste. At least the part in which I currently reside. So we're moving back home. When???? Soon. I hope.

My life is filled with so many things. I'll call my friends and ask "what's going on in your life?" and no one has anything remotely interesting to report. I, however, have too much going on. Let me list them all so I can keep them all in order.

1. My husband and I hate our apartment and we want to find a house soon (Stress, Anxiety, Excitement)
2. The house we LOOOVED more than anything else in the world was sold (Stress, Sadness)
3. I haven't mentioned it yet so I might as well here...I'm having another baby (Stress, Happiness)
4. I had to go to the hospital yesterday for an ultrasound of my ovarian cyst (Stress, More Stress)
5. The nurse doing my ultrasound told us we're having a baby girl!! (Happiness, Happiness, Happiness)
6. I have to have surgery on my ovarian cyst and there's a 10% chance I'll lose said girl (Intense Stress, Intense Sadness)


The operation is in two weeks so I have TWO WEEKS to be stressed out. This, on top of being pregnant, on top of being a mom...will not be leading to very good things. It's no wonder I smashed my fish bowl after my cat ate my fish *cry* (Stress, Sadness, Anger).

I am in a very hormonal state right now. The world is doing crazy things to me. A few good things have happened this past week that have made certain things better.

I went to the gym the other day. I love the gym. Afterwards I felt sooo much better about myself because I was clean and well exercised. My husband (Justin, from now on) has been good to me. He went with me to the doctor's yesterday even though he very much didn't have to. He's my Hero, seriously.

To top it all off I saw Julie and Julia. It was such a good movie I actually cried at the end and let Justin just hold me for a few minutes while I let the perfection sink in. Okay I probably cried because I'm extremely hormonal. Have I mentioned that? Well it's hardly the point. The point is that it was the only thing that could have made yesterday's stress, sadness, anger, and fear almost but not entirely disappear. It felt good to feel good again.

Ever since I saw the movie I've been in a huge writing kick. Hmmmm wonder why??? Well, if I continue to Blog on here and everywhere else I previously blogged there's only one person I will have to thank for it. Julie Powell. I love her. She is such an inspiration to me...to millions of women out there. She's just wonderful and I'm so glad she's maintaining her success. I hope nobody forgets about her.

I hope I never forget about her. But for now I'm going to go to bed. My baby boy is still asleep...he should have been up two hours ago. I'm going to use this as an opportunity to sleep some more, too.

Good Morning, everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Thanks for checking out my blog, and I just read yours and I'm smiling at your energy and enthusiasm! You do have a lot going on and you seem to be taking it all in stride. Good for you! Keep up that positive attitude, and no more fish bowl smashing! LOL :) I will add you to my list of blogs I'm following, cuz now I want to check in on you and make sure your surgery goes well. Congrats on the baby, you will love having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you!! I really appreciate your kind words, they make me feel ten times better :) I also appreciate you reading my stuff. I don't want to just stop and it'll be harder to stop if I know there's someone who actually reads what I write. So thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete